Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A little something...

As a child, I had an obsession with all things miniature. I would beg my parents to take me to the craft store so I could find furniture for dollhouses (even though I possessed no such thing) and I always wanted to keep those little cocktail swords and umbrellas when they came as the decor in my parents' drinks.

What was the fascination? Well, my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle action figures could always use new furnishings for their sewer (Bebop & Rocksteady in particular were accessory prima donnas).




But I digress. The point is, I still find myself drawn to diminutive things - maybe 'cause they're cute. Or maybe because I'm short. Either way, that's why I initially found these Hostess 100 Calorie Packs so delightful.




They're itty-bitty-teeny-tiny-little snack cakes that come in a variety of flavors. I've had the pleasure of sampling the Cinnamon Coffee Cake (a perfect compliment to your morning cup) and the Chocolate Cake. The latter is basically just a scaled down version of the classic Hostess cupcake without the whimsical signature swirl pattern adorning its top. Don't be alarmed - it's just as delicious!

They also come in strawberry and lemon flavors, and even Twinkie's gotten in on the tiny cake game.  Seriously, Hostess?!? How am I supposed to eat all of - OH, wait - I can, 'cause they're bite sized.  Cue the "chomp" sound effect.

Barely bigger than a golf ball but in a conveniently portion controlled package of three, these baby cakes still sate my snack craving. Like any American, I am always excited when I get more of anything, so this is a happiness hat trick for me.

Just look - LOOK at the these things!  It's a tiny trinity of tastiness.  I guess great things come in three small cream-filled packages.



Seriously, these cakes are the 1st, 2nd and 3rd best moments of my day.  Hostess, feel free to hire me to create the next ad campaign for these.  I'd volunteer to be your mascot.  Just post me up next to that handsome Twinkie in the cowboy hat and I'll be one happy Hostess buckaroo.  Now excuse me while I rip into a package and enjoy my new favorite miniature mouthfuls...I think even Michelangelo would appreciate these.

No comments:

Post a Comment